With less than 6 months until the big day, shit is getting real. The lists I had so much time to cross things off of are now begging to be looked at, decor is demanding to be planned, music is yearning to be chosen, stamps are screaming to be stamped, and the guest list is pushing to be finalized. With all that weighing on my shoulders (and many more things that haven’t been listed) I’ve started having wedding nightmares which casually bring to life my most legitimate wedding day fears. For your entertainment I’ve compiled a list of the ones I’ve had just this month.
- I begin to walk down the aisle and Alex is either drunk, not there, or laughing at my dress
- I begin to walk down the aisle and trip, ripping my dress, and face-planting so hard that my nose begins to bleed everywhere
- No guests attend the ceremony
- Thanks to bumper-to-bumper traffic I’m late for the wedding/don’t make it at all
- I look like a clown
- My dress won’t zip up and I have to walk down the aisle in sweatpants
- A fight breaks out during the reception
- All of the flowers die before we get to the hall
- The food makes everyone sick
- A freak snowstorm cancels the wedding
I’m sincerely hoping that all of these nightmares and stressful days are normal. I highly doubt any of the above will happen but I’d appreciate some good vibes being sent my way! If you have any suggestions with how to cope with wedding stress please let me know!!