After reading La Petite Noob’s 30 Before 30 List I felt inspired to create one of my own. I’ve spent the last few months adding and editing this list, curating a balance between things I’ve always wanted to do and things that I don’t want to do but should.
Since today is my 28th birthday, I have EXACTLY 2 years to cross as many of these things off this bucket list as possible.
- Try Battleaxe throwing
- Go a WEEK without coffee
- Complete my manuscript and send to literary agent
- Travel to Europe with my Hubby
- Make exercising a priority (work out 3-4 day per week, min.)
- Try a Soul Cycle class
- Get an essay or fiction piece published on Hazlitt
- Stop buying clothes that are “too old for my age”
- Send more notes/birthday cards/and thank-yous via mail
- Have a tech-detox once a month
- Although appearance isn’t everything, there is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself. Go for regular manicure, pedicures, and haircuts.
- Learn how to do my makeup properly (are there Sephora workshops for this?!)
- BE. MORE. CONFIDENT. (Doubt myself less)
- Stand up for myself (stop being so goddam accommodating)
- Go on a writing retreat with Buddy
- Learn how to be more like my mother
- Land/work hard for my dream job
- Take a cooking class
- Spend more time with my grandparents
- Take more photos and actually develop them
- Volunteer for a cause that means something to me
- Vote (since I never have)
- Go on a roller coaster – I’ve been terrified for years!
- Take another writing course
- EdgeWalk at the CN Tower
- Drink more water
- Make more time for friends
- Learn how to curl my own hair
- Practice Patience
- Write all about it